HHI on Twitter
Issue In Focus
MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY!
Your donation provides critical support to those whose lives have been touched by war and disaster.By supporting the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, you will make an important impact on people’s lives around the world. In times of crisis, we can show them that they are not alone.
Checks may be made out to the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative and mailed to:
Harvard Humanitarian Initiative
14 Story Street, 2nd floor
Cambridge, MA 02138
To make a secure online donation, please follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Harvard School of Public Health webpage by clicking here.
- In the "Gift Designation" section, please select "Harvard Humanitarian Initiative" from the drop-down menu.
Fill in all other required information on the form, and click "Submit My Gift" to complete the transaction.
All donations to the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative are tax-deductible.
For additional resources, read the Social Impact Research report on International Disaster Response to learn about social issues affecting at-risk populations and identify high-performing organizations addressing those issues.
SIR’s investment recommendations include the following:
- Support specific disaster response efforts of individual NGOs capable of contributing to impact within coordinated, multi-actor interventions.
Help strengthen the general capacity of individual NGOs to respond to disasters by contributing to internal efforts aimed at, for example:
- Improving the recruitment, development, and retention of qualified staff
- Participating in interorganizational committees or working groups convened to improve quality, collaboration, accountability, or other aspects of international disaster response
Contribute to ecosystem-building initiatives by investing in:
- The work of research centers specializing in disaster response studies
- Research efforts to measure the ecosystem’s effect on vulnerability and resilience
- The development of indicators and measurement tools and improvements in data quality and coverage